Thursday, June 26, 2008

RSS feeds

Heard of RSS? Its a great way of keeping up with whats going on out there. I personally use "Bloglines" which is great for most of the subjects I'm interested in, trouble is, there aren't many MG blogs to choose that I can feed from. If anybody knows of any, please send them in.

For keeping up with current affairs these things are great and as a librarian I've always refused to apologise for going through the papers first thing in the morning and finding out whats going on in the world. I work part time on a reference desk in the city and the best way, in my opinion, to give an air of competance is to have more than a working knowledge about current affairs (other than those mentioned in New Weekly or Who magazine).

Library blogs abound of course, and one, which is of particular use is the Goulburn Local History Blog. If you are coming to Goulburn, and many driving enthusiasts do due to Wakefield Park, give it a look. It can give you a great starting point if you want to have a look around Australia's oldest inland city.

http://www.strlhistorymatters.blogspot.com/

No comments: